08 August 2007

The Cloud Bolero/Cardigan



I had tried to make a make top called Askew with my Noro Silk Garden, but it didn't come out quite like I have planned. So I took the project apart and had the yarn sitting there for a while. One day I was looking on Knitting Pattern Central and I saw it--the Cloud Bolero! It looked beautiful!! I had to make it with my Noro Silk Garden yarn. The pattern called for a bulky weight yarn, but Silk Garden is a worsted weight. The pattern did say to experiment with different yarns and that I could use an aran(worsted) weight yarn if I wanted too. This made me even more excited. So I took out my size US 11 knitting needles and went to work and out came this very beautiful bolero, actually it is more like a cardigan. I make it a little longer than the pattern called for, I was just being adventurous :) I had to sing at my church last Thursday, so I figured I should wear my beautiful cardigan. I didn't care if anyone noticed it, I loved how it looked on me. I got more comments than I expected from people saying how beautiful it looked. So what do you think?

1 comment:

Janet G. said...

I love how it came out! I remember when it was just a fledgling little bolero! Now it's all grown up! :)