30 July 2007

Fences

That is the new segment that is being taught at my church. Most people don't like fences, we don't like to be fenced it or oppressed. I felt that way sometimes when it comes to serving God. I felt like His ways are so tough and hard to follow. I will never get it right. Then I realized I was trying to do everything in my own strength and not relying on His strength to help me. I had to pull up the fence I had put to keep God out of certain areas of my life and let Him back in and allow Him to change me. That is when I found true freedom and the ability to serve God. I wasn't doing it alone I had Someone to help me do it. ~When you pass though the waters, I will be there with you, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you. Isaiah 43:2~

1 comment:

Susan said...

Congrats on your new blog. It's really fun to do. Sounds like your Church had a great message.

Knitters-Delight